The ACEL Leadership Academy has three formal leadership development programs and a range of short-courses and events such as seminars, conferences, workshops, inter-visitation programs, summer schools and winter schools that are delivered throughout the year.
The Leadership Academy Programs have a number of characteristics that include:
- A rigorous and coherent research base
- A reciprocal linking of theory to practice
- Content that should be applied in authentic settings addressing key issues and challenges
- The development of practical skills that should be undertaken in context
- The provision of challenging and relevant simulations to help apply learning and improve decision making
- The identification of the importance of working with supportive groups to provide a social structure for leadership capability development
- Mentoring, coaching and shadowing processes to guide new leaders
- The development of leadership support structures and processes
- Sequential development of capabilities across different spheres of influence.
Executive Leadership Program
Taking high-performing leaders to new realms of leadership practice.
The Executive Leadership Program has been designed for high performing educational leaders and principals to further enhance their capabilities, increase their impact and influence and also build robust relationships through an exploration of the challenges and opportunities of:
1. Understanding and managing self
2. Valuing others and maximising team participation
3. Building learning environments that are adaptive to change
4. Reinventing the strategic positioning of the organisation
5. Acknowledging world citizenry and
6. Sense-Making futures
The Executive Leadership Program is a six day spaced program where participants actively engage in deep reflection on the principles they have learnt and how they relate to their workplace. The program aims to extend participants' knowledge, challenge their thinking and share the innovation that has led to their success. On completion of this course participants will have gained
- practical approaches and tools for analysis and design of change/innovation strategies;
- models, frameworks and tools for innovative personal and organisational relationships performance improvement;
- an experiential learning, action sciences, appreciative inquiry and action learning methodologies tool-kit for the use in the workplace and·
- a comprehensive set of learning resources from the program
The Executive Leadership program is suitable for groups of high level leaders, in an organisation. The progam is suitable for groups of 12-20 professional leaders.
Specialist Executive Development
ACEL's specialist executive development programs are designed for high-end leaders seeking to build and leverage stakeholder relationships and create an elite performance culture in schools, departments and the wider educational community. Based on a range of topics including Organisational Change and Leadership, Strategic Planning, Leveraging Diversity, Leading High Performance Teams, they are specifically designed to target the user groups and maximise the influence of experienced leaders across all levels of an organisation.
The Executive Development Program is designed for educational staff who are:
- Middle managers
- Aspiring to principalship
- In their first two years of principalship.
For any enquiries regarding ACEL's Leadership Academy opportunities, please contact the Programs and ACEL Publications consultant at email@example.com. Alternatively, phone the ACEL office during business hours on 1800 680 559 (Australia) or +61 2 92133100 (International).